On July 7, 2006 summer in Kirkland was kicking into high gear and we blogged about top outdoor eating spots to enjoy while kicking back under the hot sun. Well, unfortunately the good weather is winding down and those outdoor eating areas will soon be dormant for the fall/winter months. So as we start moving back indoors we thought it would be a good idea to get a list of top Kirkland happy hour spots and provide any details we could get from the bars and restaurants of in and around the downtown area. These are all worthwhile spots to hit after work, down some beer and snack on some apps.
This is another posting where we are just listing the data about Happy Hours. Although we would like to visit every one of them and report on how good they are (or how good they aren't) we just didn't have enough time (or the kidney to support it). We are hoping you--the reader--will comment if you have any additional data or an opinion on any of them here--the good, the bad, and the ugly. Also let us know who we missed on this list. Here goes, click on the restaurant name for their website (most websites include maps/directions too):
- 21 Central--Prime steaks and seafood, located at 21 Central Way, (425)822-1515. HAPPY HOUR DETAILS: Bar is open to 1:30 am. There are seasonal happy hours, but at this time no specific happy hour is available.
- Cactus--Flavors of Mexico and the Southwest, located at 121 Park Lane, (425) 893-9799. HAPPY HOUR DETAILS: 3pm - 6pm Monday through Saturday. All appetizers and drinks are $4 during happy hour. No happy hour on Sunday.
- Calabria--Restaurante Italiano, located at 132 Lake Street South, (425) 822-7350. HAPPY HOUR DETAILS: 7 days a week, from 4:30pm through 7 pm and on Sunday all day. Live music some days.
- The Central Club--Kirkland's last refuge, located at 124 Kirkland Ave, (424) 827-0808. HAPPY HOUR DETAILS: Hard to believe but the happy hour every day from 11am to 2am. $5.50 wells and $5 house whites.
- Hector's--full service restaurant and lounge, located at 112 Lake Street South, (425) 827-4811. HAPPY HOUR DETAILS: Daily happy hour in the lounge from 4pm to 6pm. $2 off all appetizers.
- Marina Park Grill--on Kirkland's waterfront, located at 89 Kirkland Avenue, (425) 889-9000. HAPPY HOUR DETAILS: 7 days a week from 4pm to 6pm. Restaurant would not provide additional details.
- Mixtura--new Andean cuisine, located at 148 Lake Street South, (425) 803-3310. HAPPY HOUR DETAILS Closed Monday's, but happy hour is offered on all other days from 4pm to 6pm and from 9pm to closing. Deals on Tapas, wine and cocktails.
- Pub at Juanita Bay--casual pub and hang out, located at 9736 NE 120th Place, (425) 823-6402. HAPPY HOUR DETAILS: 7 days a week from 4pm to 7pm. Drink specials vary daily.
- Rikki Rikki--Japanese restaurant and sushi bar, located at 442 Park Place, (425) 828-0707. HAPPY HOUR DETAILS: Sushi Hour in the lounge Monday through Friday from 3pm to 6pm. Various sushi and other specials.
- TGI Friday's--chain restaurant, located at 506 Park Place, (425) 828-3743. HAPPY HOUR DETAILS: 7 days a week from 4pm to 7pm and then from 9am to closing. During these hours appetizers are half price, but only if sitting in the bar area.
- The Shark Club--nightclub, located at 52 Lakeshore Plaza, (424) 803-3003. HAPPY HOUR DETAILS: Wednesday through Saturday from 3pm to 7pm. Includes half price appetizers, and $3 well drinks, draft beers and house wines.
- Third Floor Fish Cafe--seafood restaurant, located at 205 Lake Street South, (424) 822-3553. HAPPY HOUR DETAILS: 7 days a week from 4pm to 6pm and from 9am to close. All day Sunday. Includes half off bar menu.
- Tiki Joe's Wet Bar--casual party bar, located at 106 Kirkland Avenue, (425) 827-8300. HAPPY HOUR DETAILS: Every day but Monday from 4pm to 6pm. Check promo calendar for specials events, including drinks specials.
- Wilde Rover--Irish pub, located at 111 Central Way, (425) 822-8940. HAPPY HOUR DETAILS: from 4pm to 6pm and from 10pm to midnight every day of the week. Various specials.
- Yarrow Bay Beach Cafe--restaurant and bar, located at 1270 Carillon Point, (425) 889-9052. HAPPY HOUR DETAILS: Every day from 4pm to 9pm--self proclaimed best happy hour in Kirkland.
I wish the list was a bit more detailed in terms of exactly what is being offered. But surprisingly many of the restaurants didn't want to give out any details over the phone and in many cases the folks who answered the phones weren't really sure. That said, it's enough to figure out who is in the happy hour game and where you might want to go based on the type of establishment you like to visit. Again, please comment and let us know which happy hours are best...thanks, Steve