Have some time to spare for a new and fun community event next weekend? Here's a request from the Kirkland Summerfest Masterminds..................it's not magic that puts these things on, it's people (that's you)....
Kirkland SummerFest is going to be a fantastic family friendly celebration for the entire Kirkland community.
Four entertainment stages, 16 food trucks, lots of interesting booths to stoll through, Radio Disney, sculptors, face painting, balloon twisting, Star Wars characters, huge slide, bouncy house, rock wall, bungee jump, Game Truck, Touch a Truck (fire, police, tow, dump, etc.-10 in all), Rotary Duck Dash at 2:30, kids art contest and much more.
There is still a need for volunteers on SATURDAY, AUGUST 11.
1. Event set-up help on the morning of Saturday the 11th, start times at 6:00 AM-7:00AM and shifts may last 2-3 hours. Volunteers may need to do some heavy lifting, but not for all tasks. We also help with early morning traffic control.
2. We have a CRITIAL NEED for traffic control from 10AM – the close of the event in 3 hour shifts, which might be around 11:00 PM on Saturday. The biggest task here is just to let authorized vehicles in and out of the blocked off areas as needed, and making sure that those NOT authorized just move on by. J
3. Want to work in our Hospitality booth? We have a FEW spots, from 2:30 – 9:00 left to fill, (broken into about 3 hour increments. You’ll get to collect any donations, help people with information about the event, and also being the “lost and found” hub.
4. We are also looking for people to help with the tear down at the end of the event, starting around 9:00 PM. This is a big job! General moving stuff around – some heavy, some not, but the more hands make for light work. ;)
5. And then SUNDAY SUNDAY…. We need about 5 more volunteers to help with the afterparty cleanup efforts. We will meet at 9:00 AM, and just go through and make sure the town looks nice and clean afterwards. Should only take about 2 hours max.
If you only have a couple of hours, or can be with us all day, we would love your help. Please contact Julie Metteer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-890-0959 – we can find a spot for you, or tell her specifically what you’re interested in doing.